I hope you have enjoyed your weekend! A few reminders and tips for you during the week of August 1-August 5, 2011
1. The current workout video for tomorrow didn’t go according to how I had hoped. So if I can’t get it done in Hawaii this afternoon video wise, the workout is:
100 Club or 105 club
Do 5 set of 20 reps for each exercise, or 7 sets of 15 reps to be Boot Camp Betties
Reverse Lunge Kick Through Rotation- each leg
Caterpillars with push up
Push UP rotation arms
Plank Arm pull & push through
Between each set, 3 minutes of running liners or running in place.
Stretch and good luck!
Reminders- keep shoulders back and down, hips tucked, belly button pulled towards spine, knee over your ankle, smile!
Wednesday, August 3rd, Super Ski Stairs Workout
Watch out….it is a real tough one!
Need 2x10/12 # weights
Do workout at a park/ field/ big room
Jog 3 laps around a park (2 laps if small park)
20 Burpees with push ups
20 Squat Jumps on a picnic bench
Rotational Lunge across field holding weight with both hands shoulder height. Maintaining perfect posture and rotating to each side.
Sprint back to starting point holding weight above head. Drop weight and sprint out and back.
Repeat combo of lunge and sprints 3 x
Mountain Climber 20 count
Push Ups holding weights and doing rows in between each rep. 20 reps.
Repeat combo 2x
Slalom Ski Jumps down a 200 yard line- Jump with both feet, picking them up high off the ground to gain leverage, and jump from side to side. Sprint back to starting point. Repeat 4x
Mountain Climber 20 count
15 Triangle Push Ups w/every third holding in staring position for 10 seconds
8 Hill Repeats-
Find a hill and repeat it with the
First 4 reps-70% intensity holding 1 10# weight overheard
Second 8 reps- Sprint 100% intensity to top
20 Squats holding weights
15 Squats with overhead press holding weights
20 Jumping Jacks
Plank on Forearms- Max Out
Repeat 3x with rest of 30 seconds in between
Jog 1 Lap Around Park
Way to go SKI BUM- you are done!
2. Next Date Night- Friday, August 12th, 6:00 pm followed by Food & Drinks at 1400 Bar on Webster Street! RSVP by Tuesday, August 9th- firstname.lastname@example.org and register online at www.powerfitnesspdx.com
3. Summer Blast Challenge- August 10th –August 17th- Limited to 16 people, $75/person
- 1 workshop on eating CLEAN- Wednesday, August 10th 6:30-9:00 pm
- 1 workshop follow up on Wednesday, August 17th 6:30-9:00 pm
- 5 classes of Power Fitness PDX – must come to TU/Th if you are MWF and MWF if you are Tu/Th
- Lyon Street Stairs Workout Saturday, August 13th, 9:00 am
REGISTER- via Email to Erin- email@example.com
Thank you to Dory for helping lead the bonus workouts. It is appreciated by everyone. Those who don’t make the MWF-5:45-6:45 workouts with everyone else, please try to do the workouts at home or workout on your own.
Have a great day!
**** Please pass to your carpool buddy to make sure everyone is set and notified! Mahalo! ****
Erin Kreitz Shirey- Owner, Lead Trainer and Coach
ACE, NASM, Fit to Deliver and Stott Pilates
a- po box 1077, alameda, ca 94501
Please take a peak at the new resource dedicated to support rockin' Moms in their efforts to become their fittest selves while juggling work, kids, school, and finding 15 minutes to exercise during all stages of motherhood. www.powerofyoufitness.
The future is not set, there is no fate but what we make for ourselves.- Irish Proverb