When starting out the day:
- Eat breakfast! It kickstarts your day and metabolism. Did you know it takes 20 minutes for your body to feel full? It is because there is an actual hormone that takes that long to process the food intake... and it is why people say to "sit and eat".
- Make hard boiled eggs 4 at a time, have yogurt measured out, slice up fruit so it's ready to grab, make your own healthy breakfast bars, or have cereal with nonfat or soymilk.
- Sit down when you eat. Plan at least 10 minutes to sit down and eat breakfast, preferably more.
- If you are not a breakfast eater, have lunch choices at breakfast time. Such as a turkey roll up of farm fresh sliced turkey rolled with lowfat cheese, lettuce and some mustard. Add an apple and 8 wheat crackers and you are set.
- Nonfat Greek yogurt, fresh berries and 1 TB sliced almonds
- 2 egg whites scrambled with spinach, garlic, tomatoes and lemon juice
- Slice of fortified wheat bread with 1 tb natural peanut or almond butter and sliced fruit or banana instead of jam
When thinking of lunch, plan plan plan!
- Slice carrots, bell peppers, celery and put a serving of hummus in a to-go tupperwear that helps from sitting by the tub and eating more than you should.
- Get deli meat healthy option slices, and do the roll stated above.
- Make vegetable soup on weekends and put it in single serving tupperwares. Grab a container of soup, low fat cheese stick, 8-12 honey wheat pretzles and piece of fruit.
Plan well, eat well and before you know it you'll be past your goals! Rock your meals, rock your workouts, rock your body.