You know the drill, Tabata Style. Tabata training helps improve your strength, cardio output, and endurance. Wednesday's Tabata workout is:
Exercise combo, back to back. Repeat each exercise 6 rounds for 20 seconds intensely followed by 10 seconds rest, then go to the next exercise. Repeat circuit 2-3 times.
Grab 5 pound weights and a stairwell.
1. SBO- Squat Bicep Overhead Press - x6
2. Bicep Curl & Curtsey Squat - x6 each side/leg
Run up and down the stairs, single step, 3 minutes
3. Jumping Jacks with weights- x6
4. Plie Squat w/arm's extended bicep Curl - x6
Run up and down the stairs, single step with high knees, 3 minutes
5. Step up Kick Backs with Reverse Fly - x6
6. Triangle Push Ups on the bottom step - x6
7. Mountain Climbers - x6
Run up and down stairs crossing over feet sideways, 3 minutes
Repeat entire workout 3-4x. Push each 20 second interval getting your heart rate to 85-95% your max. Use the BORG scale - 1-10 - to measure your heartrate if you don't have a heart rate monitor.
As always, any questions on the exercises contact Coach Erin - firstname.lastname@example.org