Welcome to Power Fitness PDX


YOU have the power, strength and courage to make your life the best yet. Without even realizing it, you possess incredible determination and dedication to be your most active self possible...you just need a little nudge, education, and support. Through working with Power Fitness PDX your goals will not only be reached, but surpassed. What you thought was physically impossible for you to achieve will seem like a walk in the park when done training with Power Fitness PDX. You will not only feel and look better externally, but internally too. To improve one's strength on the outside has to come from improving their strength on the inside. It is time to Challenge the POWER of YOU! TM



Thursday, September 1, 2011

Belated Post- workout and inspiration from Monday, 8/29/2011

Hello!

One Full week without Power Fitness PDX and I know you are ALL rocking and rolling with working out on your own!  Right now I type from the Oregon Coast with quads that are fried and a mind that is inspired.  Hood to Coast was incredible this year- in part because of all the talented participants.  Our Team did incredible, and my own splits were great and I know I gave it my all.  AS in when I ask you to put it all out there...I put it ALL out there which really was hard by the third hilly run in 24 hours.  Yet I told myself I would not let anyone pass me, to only pass people and...I did but to one. The one person was a young military veteran who was wounded in the war, and on a team powering through with their wheelchair bikes.  We played cat and mouse back and forth on the hill and then on the down hill he had the wheels, literally, and the best smile as he passed me. For him, I was honored to be Road Kill (Hood to Coast term for anyone you pass when racing).  He inspired me after I finished to never ever EVER even contemplate giving up on anything I deem impossible, as everything is possible.  He stood for challenge, courage, compassion, laughter in life, and camaraderie. Thus, I ask you....

What do you feel you stand for in health?
What is your biggest fear in fitness, and what is holding you back?
What goal are you eager to accomplish in August?


For tomorrow and Tuesday's Fun workout...
100 Club of:
Speed Skaters
Dips
Burpees
200 yd. sprints
False Starts
Runner Lunges
Plyo Push Ups

And 10 Planks for 1 minute.
Split the 100 reps to 4x25 reps or 5x20 reps

Wish you a fantastic morning tomorrow! Work and play hard remembering to Challenge the Power of YOU!!

Cheers~

--
Erin Kreitz Shirey- Owner, Lead Trainer and Coach
BS Kinesiologyo
ACE, NASM, Fit to Deliver and Stott Pilates
c- 503.703.1269
a- po box 1077, alameda, ca 94501
e- powerfitnesspdx@gmail.com
w- www.powerfitnesspdx.com
b-Blog
f- Facebook
t- Twitter

Please take a peak at the new resource dedicated to support rockin' Moms in their efforts to become their fittest selves while juggling work, kids, school, and finding 15 minutes to exercise during all stages of motherhood. www.powerofyoufitness.blogspot.com.  You can also catch up with Coach Erin on her personal blog Embrace Life's Challenges

The future is not set, there is no fate but what we make for ourselves.- Irish Proverb

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading Power Fitness PDX Blog. Have a healthy and adventurous day.
---Erin Kreitz Shirey
CEO, Owner & Master Trainer
powerfitnesspdx@gmail.com
www.powerfitnesspdx.com